Description de l’ASBL, institution
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization providing humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. It takes action in response to emergencies, works in protracted conflicts and other situations of violence and at the same time promotes respect for international humanitarian law (IHL) and its implementation in national law.
Poste à pourvoir
Contrat : Temps plein - CDI
The Accountant is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analyzing the accounting records and financial reports of the ICRC delegation in Brussels. Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Administration Manager he/she contributes to enforcing the ICRC rules on financial management.
Main duties and responsibilities
Within a team of 30 employees, the Accountant’s duties include:
• Bookkeeping: controls and pays invoices, follows up reimbursements (VAT exemption, expense reports), treasury management (cash and bank), records accounting entries into ICRC accounting software, participates in monthly closing activities and prepares documents to be sent to internal audit department.
• Assistance to Finance and Administration Manager: contributes to analyzing and writing comments on budgetary figures, identifies and analyses differences between budget and actuals, financial forecast, prepares financial reporting, answers internal auditors’ comments on accounting.
• Procurement: prepares analyses of and validates purchase procedures, market analysis, participates in negotiation with vendors.
• Maintains daily contact with payroll company and keeps record of monthly hours (worked / absences) of locally-hired staff on secretariat services’ online platform.
Profil recherché, Compétences, Formations, Expérience
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in financial/bookkeeping management
• Graduate degree or equivalent qualification in accounting, finance or financial administration
• Excellent command of French and English (written and spoken), Dutch is a plus
• Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Good organization and ability to prioritize
• Logical, practical mind
• Proactive and deadline oriented
• Ability to take initiatives and to fit into a multicultural team
• Attention to detail, high standards of accuracy
• Ability to correctly handle sensitive and confidential information
• Strong interest in humanitarian action and previous ICRC experience are a plus
CV and application letter must be submitted before Friday 24 May 2019 by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (subject of the email: NAME + Accountant).
Information about processing of your personal data is available on our website: https://www.icrc.org/en/document/information-notice-processing-personal-data-0
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Date de clôture des candidatures :
N'oubliez surtout pas de faire référence au Guide Social lors de l'envoi de votre candidature : c'est déjà un gage de sérieux de votre part.(publié le )
Rue Guimard, 7